I guess it’s all baseball this week. More film and music stuff in the offing, though!
- Productive Outs PRODcast 25 with Grant Brisbee (McCovey Chronicles, SB Nation) and NAILS.
- Brian Science, wherein I try to determine why people think a very successful general manager is a complete idiot.
- I did a chat at Baseball Prospectus. It’s mostly about baseball, but there’s some other silliness there too.
- Oh, I guess there’s one non-baseball thing. The nice people at OMG Vinyl are giving away a copy of the forthcoming Kowloon Walled City record. You can enter here.
Want to hear Angels OF/DH/masher Mark Trumbo talk about Converge and hitting off Justin Verlander? Of course you do.
Inspired by the greatest player of all time (and our biggest and best guest yet), we turn in our best PRODcast to date.
- Musical Guest: Death Grips
- Special Guest: Mark F*cking Trumbo
- The Giants Win the Pennant!
- Incorrect World Series Predictions
- Give Credit Where It’s Due, Dude: Managers & Front Offices
- Ozzie Guillen? More Like Ozzie Goin’, Am I Right???
- The Future Is Bright for the Cardinals
- Market Research
Other information of note:
This is the worst heckler in baseball history. Not sure how good the audio is, but this exchange happened.
Fan 1: Since you’ve been yelling, USF has been winning!
Worst Heckler in History: If I don’t yell, they won’t win!
Fan 2: I’m willing to take that chance.
The entire section erupts in laughter.
My baseball people might be interested in listening to this. It’s the latest (#28) “Up and In” podcast from Baseball Prospectus. I’m not a big podcast guy, but I make it a point to listen to every episode of “Up and In.” These guys are incredibly knowledgable about baseball, and especially minor-league ball and high-school and college ballplayers. Also, Goldstein is an old Chicago punker and knows his music. (Bear Claw was the featured musical guest on the last podcast. Rad, right?) They also love to talk food and booze. Highly recommended.
Also, they field a question from me in this one. If you only want to hear that, you can ffwd to 29:00 and hear them make fun of me. Goldstein also mentions Kowloon Walled City, and threatens to play Snailface on a future episode.
"Jamie Moyer, I don’t know how old the guy is. He played catch with Jesus, and he’s still getting it done."
- Dallas Braden
"I literally eat up a roster spot. I literally do."
- Mike Lowell